But I went on strike instead.

Friday, November 11, 2011

What Are You Going To Live On?

I had a client in my salon yesterday who was determined to get a divorce.

She didn't work. She was having health problems. She had a daughter who was in and out of the hospital. It was her husband's stepchild.

After I discovered for sure that her husband wasn't abusive, was a good dad, but obviously ticked her off, I became ever the bearer of bad news.

I said, "Just because it says in the divorce papers that you get so much money for alimony, doesn't make it so." Then I asked, "What are you going to do for insurance?"

I filled her in on a few more facts and obviously, she is going to do what ever it takes to make her marriage work.

I wasn't fabricating anything. I have seen over and over, insurances on children being canceled, having to go back to court over and over to inforce any kind of payment, etc.. It's just not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment